RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021
|Website Link Open||January 22, 2021 – February 12, 2021|
|Payment of Test Fees (Online)||January 22, 2021 – February 12, 2021|
|Schedule of Online Test (Tentative)||In the month of FEBRUARY/MARCH 2021. The online test could be conducted on a weekday or weekend. RBI reserves the right to modify the number of days and dates of test depending on the number of applicants.|
Candidates may click on the link below for filling in the online application form.www.rbi.org.in
Helpline: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee or receipt of call letter, queries may be made at Candidate Grievance Redressal Cell https://cgrs.ibps.in/. Don’t forget to mention ‘RBI Recruitment for the post of Security Guards2020 – Online Test’ in the subject box of the e-mail.
|9||Jaipur||2 (1)||2 (2)||0||1||5||10|
|10||Jammu||0||1 (1)||2 (1)||0||1||4|
|12||Kolkata||3 (1)||1 (1)||5 (3)||1||5||15|
|16||New Delhi||3 (2)||0||5||1||8||17|
|17||Patna||3 (2)||1 (1)||2 (1)||1||4||11|
“The Bank reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of vacancies as per the requirement.”*(Mumbai includes 7 vacancies for Belapur and 6 vacancies for Pune, Thiruvananthapuram includes 1 vacancy for Thiruvananthapuram and 2 vacancies for Kochi).
i) Ex-Serviceman:“Ex-serviceman means a person, who has served in any rank (whether as a combatant or as a non-combatant) in the regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union, but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the para military forces, and who has retired from such service after earning his pension; or who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or who has been released, otherwise than on his own request, from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, and has been given a gratuity and includes personnel of the Territorial Army of the following categories, viz. pension holders for continuous embodied service; person with disability attributable to military service, and gallantry award winners.”
Note:1) Candidates, who are released / retired from Armed Forces, or whose specific period of engagement (SPE) is likely to be completed on or before February 01, 2022 only are eligible to apply under this recruitment. They will also be required to submit the release letter along with a self-declaration at the time of joining in the Bank that the candidate is entitled to the benefits admissible to Ex-Serviceman in terms of Govt. of India Rules. Those candidates, who have already completed their initial period of engagement and are on extended assignment, are required to submit certificates to that effect. If selected, all such candidates mentioned above, should get released and join the Bank on or before February 28, 2022. Certificate formats to be submitted by these candidates are provided in ANNEXURE II and these certificates are required to be submitted at the time of Physical Test invariably.2) The Territorial Army Personnel will be treated as Ex-Serviceman w.e.f. 15.11.1986.3) An Ex-Serviceman who has once joined a Government job on the civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an Ex-Serviceman for his re-employment, his Ex-Serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.4) The following rules applicable to Ex-Servicemen re-employed under the Central Government would apply to Ex-Servicemen candidates appearing for the online test:
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘C’& ‘D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’ / ‘D’ under Central Government. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation on second occasion for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
Eligibility Criteria of RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021:
(a) Age (as on 01/01/2021)Normal age limit of 25 years (28 years for OBC and 30 years for SC/ST as per category relaxation provided by the Government of India) as on January 01, 2021, is further relaxed to the extent of number of years of service in Armed Forces plus 3 years subject to maximum upper age limit of 45 years. The upper age limit of 45 years is uniformly applicable to candidates belonging to all categories inclusive of reserved candidates.In case of dispute regarding age, the date of birth as recorded in the school leaving certificate shall be final.Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of Physical Test.
(b) Caste Criteria
- (i) Candidate’s seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC, shall have to produce a certificate in the prescribed proforma ONLY, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority indicating clearly the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/ST/OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of. They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate is exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the Central Government from time to time (for OBC category list of castes recognized by the Govt. of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the site http://www.ncbc.nic.in, for ST category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://ncst.nic.in and for SC category the list of castes for each state is available on the site http://www.socialjustice.nic.in). A certificate containing any variation in the caste name will not be accepted. Further, the OBC certificate should also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government.
- (ii) The OBC claim of a candidate will be determined in relation to the State (or part of the State) to which his father originally belongs. A candidate who has migrated from one State (or part of the State) to another should, therefore, produce an OBC certificate which should have been issued to him based on his father’s OBC certificate from the State to which he (father) originally belongs.
- (iii) No change in the community status already indicated in the on-line application by a candidate for this examination will be allowed.
- (iv) Reserved category candidates belonging to SC/ST/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) may apply against unreserved vacancies if vacancies have not been reserved for their category in their state. However, they must fulfil the eligibility criteria for age etc. at par with unreserved candidates. Candidates from SC/ST will, however, be eligible for fee relaxation, wherever, applicable.
(c) Educational Qualifications (as on 1/01/2021) for RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021The candidate should have passed 10th Standard (S.S.C./Matriculation) from recognized State Education Board or equivalent. Ex-servicemen who have passed the qualifying examination from outside the recruitment zone either before or after leaving the military service are also eligible.
- In addition to the above, the candidate should be a resident of the State/UT coming under the Regional Jurisdiction of the Recruitment Office to which he is applying (Refer Annexure III).
- The candidate should be an undergraduate as on 1/01/2021. Graduates and candidates possessing higher qualification are not eligible to apply.
- Although matriculate Ex-servicemen with 15 years of experience are considered as “Graduates” they are eligible to apply.
- The qualification as claimed by the candidate must have been entered in Soldier’s Discharge Book and supported by valid documents.
- Bank reserves the right to call for documents in support of residential status of the candidate.
Job Requirements for RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021:
- Guarding Bank’s property (Official/Residential), other watch and ward duties round the clock.
- Operating X-Ray machines/ Door Frame Metal Detector (DFMD) for checking baggage at the entrance and other allied duties which may be assigned by the Bank.
- The Security Guards will have to work in shifts, including night shifts.
- The above list is only indicative, not exhaustive. The Bank reserves the right to assign any other work in case of requirement.
Scheme of Selection of RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021:
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks in Online Test. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a Physical test which will be of qualifying in nature. From the candidates who qualify in the physical test, a merit list based on the marks scored in the online test shall be prepared. These provisionally shortlisted candidates will have to successfully complete document verification, biometric verification and any other procedure as may be decided by the Bank. They will also have to undergo the pre-recruitment medical test. Final selection will be done based on all these mandatory procedures.
(A) Details of Online Test for RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021:
|Sr. No.||Name of the subject (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (in Minutes)|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||80 minutes|
- Out of the above three papers, Test of Reasoning and Numerical Ability will be in bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi.
- There will not be any negative marking for wrong answer and no sectional cut-off in the Online Test.
- Other detailed information regarding the test will be given in an Information Handout, which can be downloaded by the candidates from the Bank’s website along with call letter.
(B) Details of Physical Test
- Details are given in Annexure-I.
- Physical Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Candidates appearing for Physical test will have to produce a medical certificate (as per Annexure V) from a medical officer not below the rank of Civil Surgeon/Asst. Surgeon certifying that the candidate is medically fit to undergo physical test. Further, the candidates will have to give an undertaking as per Annexure IV.
- Travelling expenses will be borne by the candidates appearing for Physical test.
(C) Identity Verification – Biometric Data Capturing or by other modeThe Bank reserves its right to conduct biometric verification/other mode of verification any time during or after the selection. in case, if any candidate is found not to be genuine, then apart from taking legal actions against them, their candidature will be cancelled.Accordingly, the Bank, at various stages, may capture photograph / thumb impression / IRIS Scan of the candidates in digital format for verification/biometric verification of the candidates. Candidate will ensure that their correct photograph/ thumb impression/ IRIS Scan is captured at various stages as any inconsistency will lead to rejection of their candidature. Candidates are advised to follow the guidelines that shall be provided to them in their call letter.In case the Bank decides to utilize capturing of bio-metric data for the purpose of verification, the candidate has to take proper precaution while submitting for bio-metric verification. If the thumb impression / IRIS Scan to be captured is injured/damaged, the candidate shall immediately notify the concerned authority at the test centre. In such a situation, upon declaration being made by the candidate, the authorities would make some alternate provisions, impression of other fingers, toes etc. of the candidate may be captured for biometric data verification. The Bank will not entertain any complaint/correspondence, at the subsequent stage of the selection process, in the event the biometric data do not match with the original biometric data taken at the online test centre.Decision of the Biometric data verification authority as regards its status (i.e. matching or not-matching) shall be final and binding upon the candidates.
Pre-examination Training for SC/ST/OBC candidates for RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021The Bank may arrange combined pre-examination training at certain centres for a limited number of SC/ST/OBC candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by Government of India. Candidates desirous to avail such training may write to the concerned Regional Office (RO) of the Bank to whom the candidate is applying. An indicative list of training centres is given below. Those candidates will be intimated about the training by the concerned RO. All expenses i.e. travelling, boarding, lodging etc. for the training will be borne by the candidate. The Bank reserves the right to cancel/add/alter/modify any test centre/address or make alternate arrangement depending on the response received and administrative feasibility. Such trainings will be conducted under social distancing norms.
Addresses of the Offices
|RESERVE BANK OF INDIAASHRAM ROAD,AHMEDABAD – email@example.com||RESERVE BANK OF INDIA10/3/08, NRUPATUNGA ROAD,BENGALURU-560 firstname.lastname@example.org||RESERVE BANK OF INDIAHOSHANGABAD ROAD,BHOPAL – 462 email@example.com|
|RESERVE BANK OF INDIAPT. JAWAHARLAL NEHRU MARG,BHUBANESWAR- 751 firstname.lastname@example.org||RESERVE BANK OF INDIACENTRAL VISTA, OPP.TELEPHONE BHAWAN, SECTOR 17,CHANDIGARH – 160 email@example.com||RESERVE BANK OF INDIAFORT GLACIS, 16, RAJAJISALAI,CHENNAI – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|RESERVE BANK OF INDIA6, SANSAD MARG,NEW DELHI – 110 email@example.com||RESERVE BANK OF INDIASTATION ROAD, PANBAZAR,GUWAHATI – 781 firstname.lastname@example.org||RESERVE BANK OF INDIA6-1-56, SECRETARIAT ROAD, SAIFABAD,HYDERABAD – 500 email@example.com|
|RESERVE BANK OF INDIARAIL HEAD COMPLEX,JAMMU – 180 firstname.lastname@example.org||RESERVE BANK OF INDIARAMBAGH CIRCLE,TONK ROAD,JAIPUR- 302 email@example.com||RESERVE BANK OF INDIAMAHATMA GANDHI ROAD,KANPUR-208 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|RESERVE BANK OF INDIA15, N. S. ROAD,KOLKATA – 700 email@example.com||RESERVE BANK OF INDIABLDG.8-9, VIPIN KHAND, GOMTI NAGARLUCKNOW – 226 firstname.lastname@example.org||RESERVE BANK OF INDIAMAIN BUILDING, SHAHID BHAGAT SINGH ROAD,FORT, MUMBAI – 400 email@example.com|
|RESERVE BANK OF INDIAMAIN OFFICE BUILDING,DR. RAGHAVENDRA RAO ROAD,CIVIL LINES,NAGPUR – 440 firstname.lastname@example.org||RESERVE BANK OF INDIAP.B. No. 162SOUTH GANDHI MAIDANPATNA – email@example.com||RESERVE BANK OF INDIABAKERY JUNCTIONTHIRUVANANTHAPURAM – 695 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Test Centres of RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021:
- (i) Online test will be conducted in different venues (of different centres) of the states/UTs falling under the jurisdiction of the recruiting office. The tentative list of test centres is available in Annexure VI.
- (ii) As far as possible candidates will be allotted a centre of his choice within the jurisdiction of the recruiting office from which he is applying. The Bank however, reserves the right to add/cancel/modify any of the test venue/Centre within or outside the jurisdiction of recruiting office, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, contingencies etc. and the candidate will be intimated of the change of centre well in advance. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard and the decision of the Bank shall be final.
- (iv) Candidates will have to appear for the Online test as well as Physical test at his own risk and expenses. The Bank will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- (v) No request for change of centre for Test shall be entertained.
- (vi) Centers for the Physical test will be intimated after declaration of online test result.
Service Conditions / Career Prospects:
- (i) Pay Scale: Security Guards will draw a starting basic pay of ₹10940/- per month in the scale of 10940-380 (4)-12460- 440(3) -13780-520(3)-15340-690 (2)-16720- 860(4) – 20160 – 1180 (3)- 23700 (20 years) and other allowances, viz: Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance, Personal Fixed Allowance, Shift Allowance, Special Functional Allowance, Special Allowance (I), Grade Allowance, Washing Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Security Guards is approximately ₹27,678/- including House Rent Allowance @ of 15%.
- (ii) Perquisites: RBI’s accommodation subject to availability, Reimbursement of education expenses, Reimbursement of cost of spectacles, Book Grant, News Paper Bill, Furnishing of residence, Reimbursement of GSLI, Car Insurance, Conveyance Allowance etc. as per eligibility. Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment / hospitalization as per eligibility; Interest free Festival Advance, Leave Fare Concession (Once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents). Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. Selectedcandidates will be governed by ‘the defined contribution New Pension Scheme (NPS)’.
How to apply for RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021Candidates are required to apply only online using the website www.rbi.org.in from January 22, 2021 – February 12, 2021. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available at Appendix -I which is available on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in. The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if the candidate submits another/multiple applications, then the candidate must ensure that application with the higher Registration ID (RID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph and signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the last completed applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Bank and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
Intimation charges (Non- Refundable) of Rs. 50/- shall be payable from January 22, 2021 – February 12, 2021. Staff candidates are exempted from payment of this fee.
General Rules/ Instructions for RBI 241 No Security Guards Recruitment 2021
- (i) Candidates can apply for a vacancy existing in one office only, under which jurisdiction (refer Annexure III) they are resident as on the date of application and accordingly, will have to opt for the online test from a centre within the states/UTs under the regional jurisdiction of that office. For example, a candidate residing in the state/UT of Gujarat/Daman and Diu can apply only for vacancy existing in Ahmedabad office and opt for a centre under the jurisdiction of the Ahmedabad office.
- (ii) Candidates need not submit /send application printouts or copies of any other certificates at the time of online application to the Bank. Their candidature will be considered on the strength of the information declared in the application. If at any stage, it is found that any information furnished in the online application is false/ incorrect or if according to the Bank, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, his candidature/ appointment is liable to be cancelled/ terminated.
- (iii) All educational qualifications should have been obtained from recognized Boards/ institutions in India. If grades are awarded instead of marks, candidates should clearly indicate its numerical equivalent.
- (iv) Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post and the Bank shall not entertain request from candidates seeking advice about their eligibility to apply.
- (v) Date of birth as recorded in School Leaving Certificate/ Transfer Certificate/Certificate of Domicile/ Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation will only be accepted as proof of age.
- (vi) Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.
- (vii) Candidates will have to visit Bank’s website for downloading call letters of online test and an intimation to that effect will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he can access the window for call letter download. The candidate is required to use (a) Registration Number/Roll Number, (b) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter preferably the same which was provided during registration. The candidate must appear at the test centre with (a) Call Letter (b) Photo Identity Proof as stipulated in clause (xiii) and call letter. Original Photo Identity Proof may be brought along with a photocopy.
- (viii) The candidates will have to appear for the exam at their own cost.
- (ix) CANDIDATES REPORTING LATE i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter for Test will not be permitted to take the test. The reporting time mentioned on the call letter is prior to the Start time of the test. Though the duration of the test is 80 minutes, candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 3 to 4 hours including the time required for completion of various formalities such as collection and verification of biometrics, various requisite documents etc.
- (x) Documents relating to Age/Qualification/Category etc. will have to be submitted at the time of Physical test by the candidates called for Physical Test. Caste certificate submitted by candidate seeking reservation as SC/ST/OBC in the prescribed proforma from the competent authority should clearly indicate the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognized as SC/ST/OBC and the village/town the candidate is originally a resident of. For submitting income and asset certificate by the EWS candidate, the date may be treated as the closing date of receipt of applications for the post.
- (xi) Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of Physical Test.
- (xii) A declaration is required to be submitted in the prescribed format by candidate seeking reservation as OBC, that the candidate does not belong to the creamy layer as on date of Physical test/specified date. The OBC certificate containing the non-creamy clause should have been issued on or after 1/01/2020.
- (xiii) In the test hall as well as at the time of Physical Test, the call letter along with a photocopy of the candidate’s currently valid photo identity such as Aadhar card with a photograph /PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving Licence (only Permanent)/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead/ Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead/ valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognized college/ university / Employee ID/ Bar Council Identity card with photograph should be submitted to the invigilator for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his details on the call letter, in the Attendance List, requisite documents submitted and bio-metric data verification (depending on feasibility). If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the Online Test, in Physical test and subsequent stages of selection process.
Ration card & Learners Driving License will not be considered as valid Identity proof.
Note: Candidates have to produce in original the photo identity proof and submit photocopy of the photo identity proof along with Test call letter as well as the Physical test Call Letter while attending the online tests as well as Physical test, without which they will not be allowed to take up the online test/ Physical test. Candidates must note that the name as appearing on the call letter (provided during the process of registration) should exactly match the name as appearing on the photo identity proof. If there is any mismatch between the names indicated in the Call Letter and Photo Identity Proof the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the online test.
- (xiv) Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered with or fabricated and should not suppress any material information while submitting online application.
- (a) using unfair means or
- (b) impersonating or procuring impersonation by any person or
- (c) misbehaving in the test / Physical test hall or disclosing, publishing, reproducing, transmitting, storing or facilitating transmission and storage of contents of the test(s) or any information therein in whole or part thereof in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronically or mechanically for any purpose or
- (d) resorting to any irregular or improper means in connection with his candidature or
- (e) obtaining support for his candidature by unfair means, or
- (f) carrying mobile phones or similar electronic devices of communication in the test hall/ Physical test centre,
(xv) The Biometric data of a candidate may be verified at the time of Physical Test or in a subsequent selection procedure to establish identity of the candidate. In case the biometric data of the candidate do not match with the one taken at the examination centre (first time), the candidate shall be disqualified and his candidature shall be treated as cancelled. The Bank will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.(xvi) The Bank would be analyzing the responses (answers) of individual candidates with those of other candidates to detect patterns of similarity of right and wrong answers. If in the analytical procedure adopted in this regard, it is inferred/ concluded that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/ valid, The Bank reserves right to cancel the candidature of the concerned candidates and the result of such candidates (disqualified) will be withheld.(xvii) In all correspondence with the Bank, Registration number received on submission of application and Roll no. indicated in ‘Call Letter’ must be quoted.(xviii) In all matters regarding eligibility, conduct of tests, Physical test, assessment, prescribing minimum qualifying standards in online test and Physical test, in relation to number of vacancies and communication of result, the Bank’s decision shall be final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.(xix) The possibility for occurrences of some problem in administration of the test cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify the problem, which may include shifting the candidates to the other centres or to conduct of another test if considered necessary. Decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final. Candidates not willing to accept such change shall lose his candidature for this exam.(xx) Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises, where the test is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disqualification including ban from future tests.(xxi) Candidates are not permitted to use or be in possession of calculators in test premises.(xxii) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned item including mobile phones/ pagers to the venue of the test, as arrangement for safekeeping cannot be assured.(xxiii) Candidates are required to follow the extant COVID-19 protocol/guidelines issued by the Government of India. The Candidates in their own safety and for the safety of others may wear personal face mask, carry his own hand sanitizer (small size) in transparent bottle and water bottles.(xxiv) The Bank will not furnish the mark-sheet to candidates. However, the online test marks may be available on the Bank’s website after the declaration of the final result.(xxv) The post is also open to the employees of the Bank (staff candidates) who satisfy the eligibility criteria and they will be eligible for age relaxation. Part-time employees of the Bank will not be treated as staff candidates.(xxvi) Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and / or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Mumbai and courts/ tribunals/ forums at Mumbai only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any cause / dispute.(xxvii) Candidate’s admission to the test / Physical test/document verification/biometric verification is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the call letter/advice has been issued to the candidate to appear for these procedures does not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Bank.NOTE: Please note that Corrigendum, if any, issued on the above advertisement, will be published only on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in