UPSC Civil Services Examination 2021
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi will hold the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 on 27th June 2021 for recruitment of various posts of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and certain other Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ Central Services / Posts.
UPSC Civil Services Examination 2021
Indian Civil Services 2021 Posts: 712 vacancies (PH – 22) under various Administrative Services
- Age: Not less than 21-32 years as of 01/08/2021. The upper age is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the Notice.
- Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised university or an equivalent qualification.
- Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in the notice.
- Number of Attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible will be as follows:
- General Category: Six (6)
- Physical Handicapped: Nine (No limit if SC/ST)
- OBC: Nine (9)
- SC/ST: No Limit
Services in Civil Service Exam 2021
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Protection Force Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Indirect Taxes) Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service (DANICS), Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
Examination Pattern of UPSC Civil Services Examination 2021
The Civil Service competitive examination of 2021 comprises two successive stages : (i) Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination (wi;; be held on 27th June 2021); and (ii) Civil Services (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts (will be held in the month of November 2021)
Preliminary Examination 2021
The Preliminary Examination 2021 (on 27th June 2021) will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carry a maximum of 400 marks in the subjects. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%. The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English. There will be a penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
Main Examination 2021
The Main Examination 2021 will consist of a written examination and an interview test. The written examination will consist of 9 papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out by UPSC out of which two papers will be of qualifying in nature. Marks obtained for all the compulsory papers (Paper-I to Paper-VII) and Marks obtained in the Interview for Personality Test will be counted for ranking.
Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a Personality Test. The number of candidates to be summoned for an interview will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled. The interview will carry 275 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks).
Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking. Candidates will be allotted to the various Services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various Services and posts.
Papers in UPSC Mains
- Paper-A : (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution). => 300 Marks
- Paper-B : English => 300 Marks
Papers to be counted for merit
- Paper-I : Essay => 250 Marks
- Paper-II : General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society) => 250 Marks
- Paper-III: General Studies -II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations) => 250 Marks
- Paper-IV : General Studies (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management) => 250 Marks
- Paper-V General Studies -IV (Ethics, Integrity and Ethics) => 250 Marks
- Paper-VI : Optional Subject – Paper 1 => 250 Marks
- Paper-VII : Optional Subject – Paper 2 => 250 Marks
Sub Total (Written test) => 1750 Marks
Personality Test =>275 Marks
Grand Total => 2025 Marks
Candidates may choose any one of the optional subjects from amongst the list of subjects
Deposit ₹100/- (No fee for Female/ SC/ST/PH candidates) by using the net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
Important Date –
- Date of Online Application Start from 04/03/2021
- Date of Closing online Application is – 24/03/2021.